Achieving the correct pressure is vital for the safe operation of inflatable devices. When the internal pressure is too high, the device may cease to be effective and damage may occur to joints and seams, rendering it unsafe or unusable. This can be caused by overinflation, which can occur easily if the structure is inflated with an electrical pump, or environmental factors, such as prolonged exposure to sunlight.
What Is A Pressure Relief Valve?
A Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) is a simple yet effective device that is designed to overcome the problem of rising pressure. It is sometimes known as an overpressure valve or a pressure release valve. When the internal pressure of the inflatable is too high, the PRV will automatically open and release air until the pressure falls to within normal parameters. At this point, the valve will close.
By incorporating PRVs into your inflatable device design, you’ll ensure that the pressure will never exceed the recommended level, thereby preventing damage to the structure and ensuring the safety of the product user.
The Leafield A6 Pressure Relief Valve
Our Leafield Marine A6 Pressure Relief Valve provides exceptional reliability, ease of installation, and cost-efficiency. By protecting inflatable devices from excess pressure caused by overinflation or solar heat, the A6 PRV reduces your costs and minimises the risk of accidents. The A6 is available in a wide range of pre-set pressure settings allowing you to select the appropriate setting for your structure. Each valve is delivered marked with a date and pressure setting.
- Excellent resistance to ultraviolet (UV) light.
- ACETAL engineering plastics to deliver a 15-year lifespan, UV and chemical resistance, and excellent mechanical characteristics.
- Smooth low profile.
- Filter cap to prevent contamination (this is an optional addition not a standard feature).
- Clamp fitting for easy installation.
- Easy removal for cleaning.
- Operating temperature: -30ºC to +65 ºC.
- Relief pressures: 0.5psi to 20.0psi.
- 100 percent tested for opening and closing pressures.
- Certified to ISO 9650 and ISO 15738 standards.
- Available in grey, black, or white
The A6 Pressure Relief Valve can be used in a wide range of applications, including:
- Inflatable boats, RIBs, rafts, and marine evacuation systems.
- Life rafts and lifeboats
- Decontamination tents.
- Popup inflatable structures such as event tents and advertising structures
- Leisure tents.
- Largescale inflatable buildings
- Oil booms.
- Inflatable pools.
- Waterpark inflatables.
Our A6 is our most popular PRV and can be used on most inflatable structures and products. If you are unsure if the A6 is suitable for your product, contact us today to discuss your options.
To find out more about the Leafield A6 Pressure Relief Valve, please call us on 01225899550 or send us a message and one of our knowledgeable team will respond promptly.
Image Source: Pixabay