- Compact, rugged and extremely reliable.
- Twin outlet.
- Fast consistent inflation times.
- ISO 15738 approved for SOLAS use on life-rafts.
- ISO 9650 approved for leisure life-rafts.
- Approved to European Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU.
- CE standard Burst Disc fitted to prevent excessive pressure in cylinder.
- Operate using using CO2, CO2/Nitrogen, Air, and Nitrogen.
- Versions available for use on cylinders up to 300 bar test pressure.
- Activation load between 80 to 110 newtons.
- Full activation regardless of painter/lanyard pull speed.
- These are safety critical assemblies and must only be installed and serviced in accordance with Leafield Marine Ltd instructions.
The GIST system, with its patented torsional operation, was developed by Leafield Marine to provide a compact and cost-effective system. Further savings in weight and fitting time have been achieved by integrating the hose and inlet valve designs, also manufactured by Leafield Marine.
This system is widely used in the leisure life-raft market due to its small size and is also used on the largest SOLAS life rafts due to its high flow and ruggedness. There are currently over 250,000 systems in use worldwide.
Due to the safety critical nature of this product and number of variants available, we suggest that you contact Leafield Marine directly to discuss your specific needs.
For Inflation systems for use with complex Marine Evacuation Systems, other multi cylinder applications and Self-Righting bags please see Gas Inflation System (GIS).
For tools and spare parts, please contact Leafield Marine Ltd.
Make An Enquiry
The above documents are in PDF format.
To view these please use Adobe Reader.
“Gemini have been using the tried and tested Leafield valves in our commercial and professional RIBS for many years and will continue to do so.“
GEMINI MARINE TEAM
“Leafield Marine’s expertise in design, manufacturing and customer service is second to none. Great support, timely deliveries and cutting-edge technology; we are proud to team up with them.“
RIVER GEAR TEAM
“I go rafting to be in the moment, so I don’t want to think about my gear. Thankfully I never have to think about my Leafield valves.“
Accessories and Service Tools
GIST Filling Tool
To fit, lift and close Break Stem Seal assembly during cylinder filling.
Part Number: 03240FTA
Used for sealing off secondary port during filling.
Part Number: 0335000
Fitted to Cylinder Valve for safety and balance if charged cylinder is accidentally discharged prior to coupling to the hose.
Part Number: 19334
For Loading of GIST Operating Head (03010OHT)
Part Number: 17854
For installing the cylinder valve.
Part Number: TM3067
Quick Connect Coupling
Connects Inlet Valve (GIVT) to Cylinder Valve (GIST) instead of a hose.
Part Number: 18442
M16 x 1.5 into 3/8” Male Flat Face
Part Number: 0617000
M16 x 1.5 to 0.860″ Whitworth
Part Number: 0333000