- Extremely reliable and rugged.
- Fast consistent inflation times.
- ISO 15738 approved for SOLAS use on life-rafts.
- Approved to European Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU.
- CE standard safety Burst Disc fitted to prevent excessive pressure in cylinder.
- Operate using CO2, CO2/Nitrogen, air, and Nitrogen.
- Versions available for use on cylinders up to 450 bar test pressure.
- Activation load between 60 to 100 newtons.
- Full activation regardless of painter/lanyard pull speed.
- Available with internal or external over pressure venting.
- Available with pressure gauge.
- Water activated version available.
- Servo system available to allow multiple cylinder firing.
- These are safety critical high-pressure gas systems and must only be installed and serviced by qualified personnel, in accordance with Leafield Marine Ltd instructions.
This is the original system developed by Leafield Marine and was introduced in 1992. It is well proven with over 250,000 manufactured and is used by some of the world’s leading life raft manufacturers on their SOLAS life-rafts. Typical uses include SOLAS life-rafts, Marine Evacuation Systems, RIB self-righting bags and buoyancy bag inflation.
This system is ideal for use with complex Marine Evacuation Systems and other multi cylinder applications. Versions are also available with a pressure gauge/water activation/electrical activation/servo system.
The GIS system uses a patented cutter system to ensure consistent, rapid inflation times, even on the largest life rafts.
Due to the safety critical nature of this product and number of variants available, we suggest that you contact Leafield Marine directly to discuss your specific needs.
Please see Gas Inlet Valves and Hoses for use with this GIS system.
For single cylinder inflation systems, please see our compact Gas Inflation System Torsional (GIST type).
For tools and spare parts, please contact Leafield Marine Ltd.
Make An Enquiry
The above documents are in PDF format.
To view these please use Adobe Reader.
“Gemini have been using the tried and tested Leafield valves in our commercial and professional RIBS for many years and will continue to do so.“
GEMINI MARINE TEAM
“Leafield Marine’s expertise in design, manufacturing and customer service is second to none. Great support, timely deliveries and cutting-edge technology; we are proud to team up with them.“
RIVER GEAR TEAM
“I go rafting to be in the moment, so I don’t want to think about my gear. Thankfully I never have to think about my Leafield valves.“
Accessories and Service Tools
Nitrogen valve with gauge
This variant provides accurate indication of cylinder pressure and can be supplied with internal or external over pressure venting.
High energy operating head
Designed for use on systems fitted to cylinders of 300 bar and above.
Gas Inflation Servo System
This unit replaces the standard operating head and combined with a servo adaptor and Hoses allows up to four cylinders to be fired from one manual Operating Head.
Water activated Gas Inflation System
This unit can be used to fire a Servo System when immersed in water. This is particularly useful on items such as self-righting bags and built-in buoyancy systems.
Electrically Operated Gas Inflation System
This unit can be used to fire the Inflation System using an electrical signal.